- Evaluation and treatment of some complicated sequelae from bariatric surgery.
- Endoscopic removal of inward migration of sutures and surgical staples in patient with pain and associated marginal ulcers.
- Dilation of stenosed/functionally significant narrowing or stricture of gastrojejunostomy anastomosis (stoma).
- Rigid large balloon dilation and extended treatment by stent placement with suture fixation of functionally significant acute angulations and “kinks” of gastric lumen after sleeve gastrectomy.
- Endoscopic management of post-surgical leaks and fistulas.
- Endoscopic placement of intragastric balloon for weight loss management. (To be initiated soon given recent FAD approval and to work in conjunction with bariatric surgery and weight loss program team).
- Evaluation of afferent (biliopancreatic limb), papilla stenosis (patient with biliary type pain and elevated liver enzymes and post-gastric bypass ERCP for stone diseases or pancreatic diseases and excluded stomach remnant for mucosal organic pathology in patients with unexplained postoperative symptoms.
- Endoscopic suture revision of dilated anastomosis (stoma) for size reduction (transoral gastric outlet reduction).
- Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty – either as primary procedure or adjunct to suture revision to a dilated gastric outlet with dilated stomach pouch after gastric bypass.